BE – Computer Science Engineering
- Empower the stakeholders in the process of continuous improvement of the department
- Inculcate the importance of interdisciplinary research
- Progressively updating the practical implementations towards entrepreneurship
VisionThe students of computer science and engineering discipline will be empowered to be Innovative and productive by imparting quality education and inculcating human values.
- To produce high standard Computer Engineers who are disciplined, ethical and socially concerned.
- To deliver Quality Technical Education, with an equal emphasis on theoretical and practical aspects
- To build and update infrastructure for research and to create environment to facilitate students to carryout do research and enhance skills that could lead to entrepreneurship.
- To promote collaboration with industry to achieve constructive interaction for better integration of theory and application which could lead to Entrepreneurship
- To Collaborate with Institutions at national and international level to impart state-of-art Information Technology education and training.
Department ProfileThe Department of Computer Science and Engineering was established in the year 2009. The department is equipped with computer laboratories consisting of high end computing systems, digital and analog equipments, High end Server Class Systems including IBM Open Power Server. These systems are connected to LAN which is networked to Institute campus wide (WAN) with access of INTERNET (Access available for 24×7 from both Wired and WiFi connectivity) from each departmental computers. There are several common facilities such as Laser Printers, Color Scanners, LCD DLP Projectors, Wireless Devices, Network Switches, Peripheral accessories, Equipment based on digital hardware/firmware, besides licensed software are available as general resources for the usage of students and faculty members of the department. The department has got funding for research from international universities and AICTE. The department has highly qualified and experienced faculty members including young dynamic fanatical teachers. It has members who have won ‘Best Teacher’ awards, ‘Best Researcher’ awards and few of them are listed in Marquis Who’s Who in Science and Engineering.
- Department association has been formed with the logo “CODE” (computer organization for developing Engineers)
- Expert talk from MRO-Tech Bangalore.
- seminar on
cyber crime and malware from MCAFEE BANGALORE
1) skills and tips in programming domain from EKALAVAYA UNIVERSYS, BANGALORE
2) object thinking and programming from INFOSYS BANGALORE
3) Cyber crime and ethical hacking from DF &T, BANGALORE
Admission to undergraduate programmes in engineering shall be open to candidates who have passed Karnataka 2nd PUC / 12th standard or equivalent examination recognized by AICTE and State Government in Physics and Mathematics subjects along with Chemistry / Electronics / Biology / Biotechnology / Computer Science as optional subjects and English as one of the languages of study. Students must have obtained a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate (40% for SC/ST/OBC). The candidate must have also qualified in one of the following entrance exams: CET/ COMED-K / JEE / AIEEE.
For Diploma Holders
Diploma Holders in engineering with a minimum of 50% marks in the final examination, conducted by the Board of Technical Examination, Government of Karnataka or its equivalent, are eligible for admission to the corresponding branch of Second Year engineering. Candidates must take the Common Entrance Test (CET) conducted by the CET Cell, Govt. of Karnataka. Seats will be allotted during the centralized counselling process conducted by the CET Cell.
Students who wish to seek admission to the various undergraduate programmes in engineering at ACS College of Engineering may do so via one of the following processes:
Common Entrance Test (CET) and Selection Process
COMEDK and Selection Process
Course @ Glance
- Data Structures
- Electronic Circuits & Logic Design
- Design And Analysis Of Algorithms
- Database Application
- Computer Graphics
- System Software
- Unix System Programming
- Web Programming
Department has very good infrastructure comprising of separate space for different laboratories. Some of the Labs are Computer Programming Lab, Data structure Lab, Database management lab, Analysis and Design of Algorithm Lab, , and application software’s which are included areORACLE 10G, Visual studio