BE – Aeronautical Engineering
- To provide competitive and academic programs to produce technologists and professionals for national and global needs.
- To be a centre for reference, research and consultation through smart partnership with industries and stake holders.
- Educate tomorrow’s leaders through innovative educational programs & pedagogies that have as their context the conception, design, implementation and operation of systems; and processes; create research opportunities that generate inventions, technologies and solutions to Aerospace problems.
VisionWith of our generous management, mentors, expert supporting faculty and dedicated students we see ourselves as:
- Constituting a department dedicated to excellence in the field of aeronautical engineering education.
- Inculcating in our students a sense of responsibility for ethical practice and of concern for the environment.
- Leading the wider aeronautical community with advances in the research areas in aeronautical domain.
- Catering the societal needs so that the education we provide advances in knowledge
- To provide capable, motivated, and globally competent students with an aeronautical engineering education of the highest quality, that will enable them to reach their maximum potential in a technological world.
- To significantly advance our knowledge in aeronautical related disciplines.
- To serve the larger community of which we are a part, the nation, and the Karnataka state, where our abilities can be uniquely useful.
Department ProfileSilicon city Bangalore is a hub of various Aerospace industries. With the intensions to fulfil the increasing demands of skilled manpower in these industries and hence to serve the society, the Department of Aeronautical Engineering was established in year 2010 with under Graduate Course in Bachelor of Engineering in Aeronautical Engineering under VTU, Belgaum. The course is approved by AICTE, New Delhi.
Course includes study in the areas of Aircraft Structures, Propulsion, Aerodynamics, Aircraft Performance, Stability and Control, Avionics, Aircraft Systems & Flight testing, various simulation and modelling techniques and Flight Vehicle Design concepts.
On successful completion of the course the student may get opportunities to join various Aerospace industries like NAL, ARDC, GTRE, HAL, ISRO, TCS, Goodrich, Satyam Mahindra, Safran Engineering Services etc.
Admission to undergraduate programmes in engineering shall be open to candidates who have passed Karnataka 2nd PUC / 12th standard or equivalent examination recognized by AICTE and State Government in Physics and Mathematics subjects along with Chemistry / Electronics / Biology / Biotechnology / Computer Science as optional subjects and English as one of the languages of study. Students must have obtained a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate (40% for SC/ST/OBC). The candidate must have also qualified in one of the following entrance exams: CET/ COMED-K / JEE / AIEEE.
For Diploma Holders
Diploma Holders in engineering with a minimum of 50% marks in the final examination, conducted by the Board of Technical Examination, Government of Karnataka or its equivalent, are eligible for admission to the corresponding branch of Second Year engineering. Candidates must take the Common Entrance Test (CET) conducted by the CET Cell, Govt. of Karnataka. Seats will be allotted during the centralized counselling process conducted by the CET Cell.
Students who wish to seek admission to the various undergraduate programmes in engineering at ACS College of Engineering may do so via one of the following processes:
Common Entrance Test (CET) and Selection Process
COMEDK and Selection Process
Course @ Glance
- Management and Entrepreneurship
- Elements of Aeronautics
- Dynamics of Machines
- Aircraft Structures
- Finite Element Analysis
- GasTurbine Technology
- Control Engineering
- Flight Vehicle Design
The department has the following state-of-the-art laboratories, Aerodynamics Lab, Energy Conversion Lab, Foundry&Forging Lab, Machine Shop, Material Testing Lab, Metrology Lab, Propulsion Lab, Structures Lab etc.
The students get an understanding of nature of flow past various models through flow visualization techniques. The nature of pressure distribution over various aerofoil and body shapes is explained. The wake and boundary layer survey provide information on the momentum thickness and displacement thickness.
It provides the student with the practical knowledge of the various theorems, like -reciprocal theorem, buckling phenomenon of columns, WAGNER beam stresses information. The vibration of beam equipment provides information on types of modes and vibration patterns.
Experiments related to aircraft engines, force measurements through wall jets and measurement of speed of flame propagation is checked.
Departmental Activities since inception of the Department
Since then several technical talks and conferences have been arranged. For enhancing the practical skills, association also encourages students to participate in aero-modelling and various extra co curricular activities. Students have participated in various national events and won some of the events bringing laurels to themselves and the college.
Students Forum of the Department
Department has got its students association by name METAL HAWKS, inaugurated in the year 2011. Since then several technical talks and conferences have been arranged for enhancing the students’ practical skills. The association also encourages students to participate in aero-modelling and various extra co curricular activities.
Department has got a unique record of getting 100% results in VTU Examination, with more than 50% of students scoring distinction and remaining First Class.
Last year results, 3 of our students ranked in the top 10 at the university level.