Computer Science And Engineering
- Empower the stakeholders in the process of continuous improvement of the department
- Inculcate the importance of interdisciplinary research
- Progressively updating the practical implementations towards entrepreneurship
VisionThe vision of the Computer Science and engineering department is to provide excellence knowledge and enrich the problem solving skills of the students in the field of CSE with a focus to prepare the students for industry need, carry out research, recognized as innovative leader, responsible citizen and improve the environment
- Prepare the students with strong fundamental concepts, analytical capability, programming and problem solving skills.
- Create an ambience of education through faculty training, self learning, sound academic practices and research endeavors.
- Provide opportunities to promote organizational and leadership skills in students through various extra- curricular and co-curricular events
- To make the students as for as possible industry ready to enhance their employability in the industries.
- To improve department industry collaboration through internship programme and interaction with professional society through seminar/workshops.
- Imbibe social awareness and responsibility in students to serve the society and protect environment
Programme Educational ObjectivesPEO1 : To provide the imperatives knowledge of science and engineering concepts fundamental for a computer professional and equip the proficiency of mathematical foundations and algorithmic principles for competent problem solving ability.
PE02 : To inculcate ability in creativity & design of computer support systems and impart knowledge and skills for analyze, design, test and implement various software applications
PE03 : To exhibit leadership capability, triggering social and economical commitment and inculcate community services and protect environment.
Department ProfileThe Department of Computer Science and Engineering was established in the year 2009. The department is equipped with computer laboratories consisting of high end computing systems, digital and analog equipments, High end Server Class Systems including IBM Open Power Server. These systems are connected to LAN which is networked to Institute campus wide (WAN) with access of INTERNET (Access available for 24×7 from both Wired and WiFi connectivity) from each departmental computers. There are several common facilities such as Laser Printers, Color Scanners, LCD DLP Projectors, Wireless Devices, Network Switches, Peripheral accessories, Equipment based on digital hardware/firmware, besides licensed software are available as general resources for the usage of students and faculty members of the department. The department has got funding for research from international universities and AICTE. The department has highly qualified and experienced faculty members including young dynamic fanatical teachers. It has members who have won ‘Best Teacher’ awards, ‘Best Researcher’ awards and few of them are listed in Marquis Who’s Who in Science and Engineering.
- Department association has been formed with the logo “CODE” (computer organization for developing Engineers)
- Expert talk from MRO-Tech Bangalore.
- seminar on cyber crime and malware from MCAFEE BANGALORE 1) skills and tips in programming domain from EKALAVAYA UNIVERSYS, BANGALORE 2) object thinking and programming from INFOSYS BANGALORE 3) Cyber crime and ethical hacking from DF &T, BANGALORE
COMPUTER SCIENCE ENGINEERING SARCSE SAR
Department has very good infrastructure comprising of separate space for different laboratories. Some of the Labs are Computer Programming Lab, Data structure Lab, Database management lab, Analysis and Design of Algorithm Lab, , and application software’s which are included are ORACLE 10G, Visual studioLaboratory Facilities
The students should be able to:
1. Identify a issue and derive problem related to society, environment, economics, energy and technology
2. Formulate and Analyze the problem and determine the scope of the solution chosen
3. Determine , dissect, and estimate the parameters required in the solution.
4. Evaluate the solution by considering the standard data / Objective function and by using appropriate performance metrics.
5. Compile the report and take part in present / publishing the finding in a reputed conference / publications
6. Attempt to obtain ownership of the solution / product developed.
This course (18CSL58) will enable students to:
• Foundation knowledge in database concepts, technology and practice to groom students into well-informed database application developers.
• Strong practice in SQL programming through a variety of database problems.
• Develop database applications using front-end tools and back-end DBMS.
This course (18CSL57) will enable students to:
• Demonstrate operation of the network and its management commands
• Simulate and demonstrate the performance of GSM and CDMA
• Implement data link layer and transport layer protocols.
This course (18CSL48) will enable students to :
• Develop and test Program using ARM7TDMI/LPC2148
• Conduct the experiments on an ARM7TDMI/LPC2148 evaluation board using evaluation version of Embedded ‘C’ & Keil Uvision-4 tool/compiler.
This course (18CSL47) will enable students to :
• Design and implement various algorithms in JAVA
• Employ various design strategies for problem solving.
• Measure and compare the performance of different algorithms.
Students Forum of the Department” -CSE department
Department has got its students association by name “RACE”, inaugurated in the year 2015. Since then several technical talks, Seminar, Workshop and conferences have been arranged for enhancing the students’ practical skills. The association also encourages students to participate in “Smart India Hackathon” and various extra co curricular activities.