BE – Civil Engineering
- We are committed for achieving and reviewing the established quality objectives of our organization.
- To provide an academic atmosphere to develop overall personalities of our students and a promise of exciting career.
- We shall strive continually to progressively develop seeking broad avenues to face the challenging and emerging needs of our society.
- To impart knowledge and excellence in Civil Engineering and technology with global perspectives to our students and to make them ethically strong engineers to build our nation.
- To be a centre of excellence for development and dissemination of knowledge in applied science, technology, engineering and management for the nation and beyond.
- To develop a research centre with world class facilities.
- To produce Civil Engineers of high caliber, technical skills and ethical values to serve the society and nation.
- To make the department a centre of excellence in the field of civil engineering and allied research.
- To provide knowledge base and consultancy services to the community in all areas of civil engineering.
- To promote innovative and original thinking in the minds of budding engineers to face the challenges of future.
- Department of Civil Engineering is one of the oldest branch, At ACSCE was started in the year 2009 the department has been imparting quality education to meet the technological advancement and industrial requirements. This has been made possible due to qualified and dedicated faculty, state of the art laboratories and infrastructure facilities. The total student intake at present for BE (Civil Engineering) is 60.
- The Postgraduate program in Structural Engineering has been started from the academic year 2013-2014 with an intake of 18 students
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) – arranged “CODE VITA” on 7/8/2013 India’s biggest coding challenge for all the semester students.
- A technical talk on construction management was organized by Karnataka German technical training institute (KGTTI) on 16/9/2013 for 7th semester students.
- A technical talk on “Beauty and power of Engineering” was held on 27/9/2013 for all the semester students.
- A talk on GATE examination was held by GATE forum on 20/9/2013 for 7th semester students.
- Eye awareness program was held on 25/09/2013 for all the semester students.
Admission to undergraduate programmes in engineering shall be open to candidates who have passed Karnataka 2nd PUC / 12th standard or equivalent examination recognized by AICTE and State Government in Physics and Mathematics subjects along with Chemistry / Electronics / Biology / Biotechnology / Computer Science as optional subjects and English as one of the languages of study. Students must have obtained a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate (40% for SC/ST/OBC). The candidate must have also qualified in one of the following entrance exams: CET/ COMED-K / JEE / AIEEE.
For Diploma Holders
Diploma Holders in engineering with a minimum of 50% marks in the final examination, conducted by the Board of Technical Examination, Government of Karnataka or its equivalent, are eligible for admission to the corresponding branch of Second Year engineering. Candidates must take the Common Entrance Test (CET) conducted by the CET Cell, Govt. of Karnataka. Seats will be allotted during the centralized counselling process conducted by the CET Cell.
Students who wish to seek admission to the various undergraduate programmes in engineering at ACS College of Engineering may do so via one of the following processes:
Common Entrance Test (CET) and Selection Process
COMEDK and Selection Process
Course @ Glance
- Materials of Construction
- Strength of Materials
- Applied Engineering Geology
- Hydraulics and Hydraulic Machines
- Building Planning & Drawing
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Hydrology and Water Resources Engineering
- Computer Aided Design Lab
- Quantity Surveying and Estimation
- Advanced Concrete Technology
The department has the following state-of-the-art laboratories, Applied Engineering Geology Lab, Hydraulics and Hydraulic Machinery Lab, Survey Lab with advanced surveying equipment’s, Computer Aided Design Lab, Basic aterial Testing Lab, Geotechnical Engineering Lab, Environmental Engineering Lab, Concrete and HighwayMaterial Lab
The department has well equipped laboratory facilities as per University norms with latest instruments such as Universal testing Machine, Total Station, UV Spectrophotometer, Colony counter, Direct shear test Machine, Proctor Compaction Apparatus, Abrasion Testing Machine, Francis Turbine; Kaplan Turbine; Pelton Wheel Turbine; Hydraulic Flume; Centrifugal Pump Set. Computer aided Design laboratory having licensed version software’s such as AutoCAD and Stadd Pro etc.