20 May 2020
Webinar on Yoga and Meditation
Resource Person : Suryakrsna Thevar, Akshar Yoga Center, Bangalore
Date : 20th May 2020
Time : 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Organized by : Department of CSE
About the Webinar
A few minutes of Yoga during the day can be a great way to get rid of stress that accumulates daily-in both the body and mind. Yoga postures, Pranayama and meditation are effective techniques to release stress. Meditation is Relaxation which gives calm mind, good concentration and Rejuvenation of the body and mind etc. Particularly for a working People, Yoga is a great remedy to remove our tensions which definitely affects our health.
With COVID-19 social distancing and ‘stay at home’ directives, one can easily feel isolated, anxious, and in desperate need of a relaxing activity and some social contact.
In view of this ‘Yoga is the artwork of awareness on the canvas of body, mind and soul’. To help keep the Faculties and students healthy in body and mind, the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, ACS College of Engineering, Bangalore, has organized webinar on “Yoga and Meditation” 20/May/2020 for Faculties and students. The Yoga Guru Mr. Surayakrsna Thever and Meditation Mrs Namitha Sudarshan have taken classes with high level of dedication. They have also explained remedies for personal health problems to the participants with lot of patience.Aim:
To make the faculty and students physically and mentally healthier, saner to become more integrated members of the society and of the nation.Objectives:
To make the faculty and students understand the significance of yoga and meditation
- To enable the faculty and student to have good health.
- To practice mental hygiene.
- To possess emotional stability.
- To integrate moral values through yoga and meditation.
- To attain higher level of consciousness.
- Registration of FDP started Date: 16-05-2020
- Last Date for registration: 19-05-2020
- The Brochure along with Registration link sent to all colleges in Karnataka and other colleges across the country.
- The Total Number of Registrations: 404 (Attached PDF File)
- The Total Number of Participants: 135
- Feedback Collected (Attached PDF File)
- The faculty members from the following states (06 states), Union Territory (01) registered for FDP.
- Andhra Pradesh