22 Aug 2020
Webinar on State of the art of small satellites and a student-run CubeSat Program
Resource Person : Dr K Ramachandra
Date : 22nd August 2020
Time : 2.00 PM
No. of Participants : 75 ASE Students + 3 AS Staff
About the Webinar
The Webinar titled “State of the art of small satellites and a student-run CubeSat Program” was organized to enrich the knowledge about the student-run CubeSat program – NASA.
The program was started at 02.00PM with the welcome speech by HOD/AS and followed by the introduction of the resource person Dr K Ramachandra by Mr.Siva J, Asst. Prof. ASE. The resource person handled an interactive session about Small Satellites in various areas.
- Integrated Spacecraft Platform
- Power, In-space propulsion
- Guidance, Navigation and Control
- Structures, Materials and Mechanisms
- Thermal Control,Command and Data Handling
- Flight Software,Communications
- Integration, Launch and Deployment
- Ground Data Systems and Mission Operations
- Identification and Tracking systems
In between interaction with students and questionnaire to test the ability of students and the resource person motivated the students to enrich their skills through different case studies. Finally, the webinar was ended with vote of thanks by HOD/AS.