20 Oct 2021
Innovation and entrepreneurship as a career
Resource Person : Dr. G.Vinoth,B.E,M.S,Ph.D, Startup Evangelist And Mentor, Innovation Management Consultant, Pongu Ventures Pvt Ltd
Date : 20.10.2021
Time : 11.45 AM to 12.30 P.M
Venue : CSE Seminar hall
No. of Participants : 95About the Talk :
The seminar on “Innovation and entrepreneurship as a career”was delivered Dr. G.Vinoth, B.E,M.S,Ph.D, Startup Evangelist and Mentor, Innovation Mangement Consultant, Pongu Ventures Pvt Ltd
The program start with introduction About IIC Institute Institution’s Innovation Council (IIC) at ACS College of Engineering established in the academic year 2019-20 under the guidance of AICTE and Ministry of Education to systematically foster the culture of Innovation. The primary objective of Innovation Council is to encourage, inspire and take care of young students by supporting them to work with new ideas and transform them into prototypes while they are informative years. The motto of ACS IIC is to create a vibrant local innovation ecosystem and prepare institute for Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements Framework. Establish function ecosystem for scouting ideas and pre-incubation of ideas. Develop better cognitive ability for technology students. Vision To provide the needs of students as well as faculty entrepreneurs with innovative ideas of social significance and there by disseminating a culture of entrepreneurship in campus which will boost our education system and there by growing the national economic and social development. Mission To develop a system with required infrastructure that can enable students, faculty to innovate, and prototype their ideas with industrial standards, support from Government, industry and reputed academic institutions around the world, and help them to realize their potentials Objectives of IIC
- ● Students/Faculty associated with ICs will have exclusive opportunity to participate in various Innovation related initiatives and competitions organized from institution level to international level.
- ● Win exciting prizes/Certificates for Innovations.
- ● Meet/Interactrenowned Business Leaders and lead academicians.
- ● Opportunity to build and prototype new ideas
- ● Mentoring by industry experts
- ● Experiment with new technologies
- ● Visit new places and see new culture.
Dr Vinoth also explained following topics about how students can convert there innovative idea into product and what all the support they will get from this IIC council to make them as successful entrepreneur.
- • No major capital investment required for establishing IIC as it will make use of existing local ecosystem.
- • Students/Faculty associated with IIC will get exclusive opportunity to participate in various Innovation related initiatives and competitions organized by MHRD.
- • Win exciting Prizes/Certificates every month.
- • Meet/Interact with renowned Business Leaders and top-notch academicians.
- • Opportunity to nurture and prototype new ideas.
- • Mentoring by Industry Professionals.
- • Experimentation with new/latest technologies
- • Visit new places and learn a new culture.