16 Apr 2018
Skill Development Program – IC Engine Overhauling Hands on Experience
Date : 16th& 17th April 2018
Supported by : AJ Heuristics
Venue : ACS COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING
About the Programme:
The Department of Mechanical Engineering organized the skill development program for the 2nd year and 3rd year Mechanical Engineering students. The session was handled byMr. Naveena M. Managing Director, AJ Heuristics Bangalore.
The program has been developed to cater to spectrum of engineering students to enhance their skills and grow their career through higher productivity and technical expertise meeting industry needs.
The program organized for Upgrading Design Engineers Skills in Product Development Support Activities, using cutting Edge Technology Tools based on Domain Centric Professional Training Modules.
Kit Content’s: A Single Cylinder Four Stroke Petrol Engine 150 CC and complete tool kit for Engine Overhauling will be provided during the workshop but would be taken back after the workshop.
Conduction of Workshop: AJ Heuristic has a dedicated team ensures that the students will have the necessary equipment and tools to engage in various pre-determined exercises during the workshop. These equipment’s & tools are in compliance to industry standards so that they have a simulated experience of the industry. But above all, we have designed a proactive program to share knowledge by making a group and each group will be provided with a set of tools and engine to have hands on experience in Disassembly and Assembly of the Engine.
Hands on experience, where students carry out physical activities rather than listening to a lecture, help them to gain a better understanding of the subjects. It allows students to experiment with trial and error, learn from their mistakes and understand the potential gaps between theory and practical applications.
- Create an awareness of the working principle of an IC Engine
- This enhances their level of understanding the theoretical concepts and they will be able to apply their practical knowledge into academics
- This will help them to understand basics of IC engine design, definitions, components and their operations
- Students will understand and will be able to explain the procedures for:
- Performing a preliminary engine inspection
- Identifying and interpreting engine concerns
- They will be able to deal successfully with present trends in automobile industry