Civil Engineering department was started in the year 2009 with an intake of 60. The institution is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum and is striving to growas one of the finest centers.
Civil engineering is a professional engineering discipline that deals with the design, construction and maintenance of the physically built structures like bridges, roads, canals, dams and buildings etc. and also it will take care of naturally built environment. Civil engineering is the broadest of the engineering fields. Civil engineers build the world’s infrastructure. It is an age-old profession and has been defined traditionally as a great art, on which the wealth and thewell-being of the whole of society depend.
- We are committed for achieving and reviewing the established quality objectives of our organization.
- To provide an academic atmosphere to develop overall personalities of our students and a promise of exciting career.
- We shall strive continually to progressively develop seeking broad avenues to face the challenging and emerging needs of our society.
“To achieve excellence in Technology, Innovation and Research in ethical way to lead and serve the nation”
Create and develop sustained environment of learning, to produce high caliber and dynamic Civil Engineers with due consideration of Economy, Ecology and Ethical issues of nation and to provide services to society and construction industry to assist in developing capabilities globally with respect to Science, Technology and Research.
Programme Educational Objectives
PEO#I: Graduates will able to apply fundamental principles of science, mathematics and engineering using modern tools to solve the societal and environmental problems.
PEO#II: Graduates are able to use their practical, field survey, computer and analytic skills to build industry ready engineers to solve multi-disciplinary sustainable projects.
PEO#III: Graduate applies innovative ideas to improve the technical competency in engineering decisions, lifelong learning, to equip leadership qualities in diverse teams, promote and practice appropriate ethical morale to become professional engineers.
- Department of Civil Engineering is one of the oldest branch, At ACSCE was started in the year 2009 the department has been imparting quality education to meet the technological advancement and industrial requirements. This has been made possible due to qualified and dedicated faculty, state of the art laboratories and infrastructure facilities. The total student intake at present for BE (Civil Engineering) is 60.
- The Postgraduate program in Structural Engineering has been started from the academic year 2013-2014 with an intake of 18 students
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) – arranged “CODE VITA” on 7/8/2013 India’s biggest coding challenge for all the semester students.
- A technical talk on construction management was organized by Karnataka German technical training institute (KGTTI) on 16/9/2013 for 7th semester students.
- A technical talk on “Beauty and power of Engineering” was held on 27/9/2013 for all the semester students.
- A talk on GATE examination was held by GATE forum on 20/9/2013 for 7th semester students.
- Eye awareness program was held on 25/09/2013 for all the semester students.
CIVIL ENGINEERING SARCivil SAR
The department has the following state-of-the-art laboratories, Applied Engineering Geology Lab, Hydraulics and Hydraulic Machinery Lab, Survey Lab with advanced surveying equipment’s, Computer Aided Design Lab, Basic aterial Testing Lab, Geotechnical Engineering Lab, Environmental Engineering Lab, Concrete and HighwayMaterial Lab
The department has well equipped laboratory facilities as per University norms with latest instruments such as Universal testing Machine, Total Station, UV Spectrophotometer, Colony counter, Direct shear test Machine, Proctor Compaction Apparatus, Abrasion Testing Machine, Francis Turbine; Kaplan Turbine; Pelton Wheel Turbine; Hydraulic Flume; Centrifugal Pump Set. Computer aided Design laboratory having licensed version software’s such as AutoCAD and Stadd Pro etc.