BE – Electrical Electronics Engineering
- Providing excellent and committed environment through high quality education for bright power engineers for betterment of society and system.
- Creating environment for personality development and developing temperament for the field of Electrical Engineering.
- To produce technically competent engineers with morals and professional ethics, who have a positive attitude and managerial skills to integrate with the global village.
- To develop world class institute of technical excellence, trainingand research with emphasis on scientific temperament, rational thinking and spirit of enquiry with a human touch.
Department ProfileDepartment of Electrical and Electronics Engineering was established in year 2011 with under Graduate program with an intake of 60. The course is approved by AICTE, New Delhi and affiliated to VTU Belgaum. Department has highly qualified and dedicated faculty, having both industrial and vast teaching experience. Department is also aided by eminent visiting professors, who are expertise in the electrical field to impart quality education to our students.
Course includes study in the areas of Power System Analysis, Power Electronics, Control Systems, Computerssimulation and modelling techniques in modern power systems, Machine Design concepts etc.
On successful completion of the course the student may get opportunities to join various Electrical industries like ABB, Areva, Siemens, Alstom, BHEL, PGCIL, NHPC, KPTCL etc.
Admission to undergraduate programmes in engineering shall be open to candidates who have passed Karnataka 2nd PUC / 12th standard or equivalent examination recognized by AICTE and State Government in Physics and Mathematics subjects along with Chemistry / Electronics / Biology / Biotechnology / Computer Science as optional subjects and English as one of the languages of study. Students must have obtained a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate (40% for SC/ST/OBC). The candidate must have also qualified in one of the following entrance exams: CET/ COMED-K / JEE / AIEEE.
For Diploma Holders
Diploma Holders in engineering with a minimum of 50% marks in the final examination, conducted by the Board of Technical Examination, Government of Karnataka or its equivalent, are eligible for admission to the corresponding branch of Second Year engineering. Candidates must take the Common Entrance Test (CET) conducted by the CET Cell, Govt. of Karnataka. Seats will be allotted during the centralized counselling process conducted by the CET Cell.
Students who wish to seek admission to the various undergraduate programmes in engineering at ACS College of Engineering may do so via one of the following processes:
Common Entrance Test (CET) and Selection Process
COMEDK and Selection Process
Course @ Glance
- Electrical Measurments & Instruments.
- Analog Electronic Circuits
- Transformers & Induction Machines
- D.C. Machines & Synchronous Machines
- Illumination Engineering
- Linear Control Systems
- Reactive Power Management
- High Voltage Engineering
- HVDC Power Transmission
- Computer Communication and Networking
The Department has well established laboratories with the state-of- the art facilities such as, Electrical Machines laboratory equipped with AC Motors (Induction type, Synchronous type), DC Motors (Shunt, Series, Compound), Generators (AC & DC), Load Banks (Resistive, Inductive and Capacitive), Synchronizing panel, Advanced Electrical Engineering Simulation laboratory with
software such asMATLAB etc.